The Application Process
We are excited to offer members with scholarships to aid in their professional development and education. We have worked diligently to raise sufficient funds to help instructors attend events who might otherwise not have been able to do so. There are some specific steps you to complete in order to be granted a scholarship. Please review the items below and ask for help if you need it, as we want to award scholarships for all needy applicants.
- Complete the scholarship application.
- Have your snow sports school director complete the Director’s Statement.
- Have your recommendation form filled out by the person you choose.
Your complete application, including the above items must be received by the PSIA-NW office no later than the 15th of December.
Please note, by accepting the scholarship awarded, the recipient agrees to write a report to the Foundation about their participation in the event or a report reviewing the educational materials provided, no later than the 30 days after the event you participate in. If no report is provided to the Foundation by then, as agreed to in requesting the scholarship, the recipient will pay back the Foundation the amount awarded immediately.
Rules and Deadline
- The deadline for scholarship applications each season is the 15th of December.
- Any Northwest member in good standing for at least two continuous seasons is eligible to apply for an education event registration fee or NW bookstore scholarship. Participants are expected to pay for any additional expenses related to the event such as: lift ticket(s), transportation, lodging, meals, personal miscellaneous expenses, etc.
- Scholarships are NOT awarded for membership dues, exams, or tryouts.
- All events must have a minimum number of participants in order to run REGARDLESS if you have received a scholarship. If the event you have applied for is cancelled, you will be able to select another event or choose to not accept the scholarship.
Selection will be based upon these factors:
- Financial need
- Contributions the candidate has made to his/her snowsport School
- Whether this educational opportunity will help promote the candidate’s snowsport School in a positive way
- The candidate’s explanation of how the scholarship would benefit him/her
- Past experience and contributions to Snow sportschool and community
- Education event scholarships can only be awarded to a member once every three years (if a need still exists)
- Northwest bookstore scholarships may be applied for and awarded every year (maximum award is $50)
- If the applicant is a NW member in good standing working outside of the NW division, scholarships may still be awarded but are only awarded for NW event registration fees
We typically seek donations at dues renewal time or at Spring Symposium, but you can donate any time! Call the office with a credit card, mail a check or use the form below. All donations to the PNSIA-EF are 100% tax deductible – check with your tax consultant on how to apply this to your taxes. When completing the form below we will send you an instantaneous receipt for your donation.